This User Agreement, the Contact25 User Privacy Notice and all policies posted on our sites set out the terms on which Contact25 offers you access to and use of our sites, services, applications and tools (collectively 'Services'). All policies are incorporated into this User Agreement. You agree to comply with all of the above when accessing or using our Services. For information regarding the processing of personal data, please see our User Privacy Notice.
You are entering into a contract with Contact25 (trading name of Jukebox Marketing Ltd), 56 Weetwood Lane, Leeds, LS16 5NH, United Kingdom, Registered in England no 5042182, VAT number GB 984 3445 86.
2. About Contact25
Contact25 is a marketplace that allows users to offer, sell and buy just about anything in a variety of pricing formats and locations.
Contact25 does not have possession of anything listed or sold through Contact25, and is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. The contract for the sale is directly between buyer and seller.
While we may provide pricing, postage, listing and other guidance in our Services, such guidance is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. Contact25 does not review users' listings or content. While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes, Contact25 has no control over, and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of, items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content, listings or feedback; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
Sellers must have a valid payment method on file with Contact25 at all times. You authorise Contact25 to automatically charge your chosen payment method in accordance with this User Agreement and the applicable billing agreement(s) you agree to when setting up or changing your payment method, for future charges and fees incurred in relation to the Services provided by Contact25. This includes, but is not limited to, amounts owed for Contact25 fees, Contact25 Money Back Guarantee reimbursements and postage labels. Contact25 will notify you of these charges. If payments or amounts owed to Contact25 cannot be completed through the payment method on file for any reason, you are still required to pay Contact25 for all unpaid amounts and Contact25 reserves the right to seek reimbursement through other means plus any additional costs incurred by Contact25 in seeking reimbursement. You can change your payment method in My Contact25 at any time.
Under the Contact25 Money Back Guarantee, if a seller chooses or is required to reimburse the buyer or Contact25 because a case is resolved in the buyer's favour, we may:
- remove funds from the seller's account to reimburse the buyer for the cost of the item and the original postage cost in accordance with the seller's authorisation provided to us under this User Agreement; or
- where there are insufficient funds in the seller's account, directly refund the buyer for the cost of the item and the original postage cost, and, in this case, the seller must reimburse us in full, and in a timely manner, for an amount equivalent to the sum we paid to the buyer.
Where the seller is found at fault, we will notify the seller and charge the reimbursement amount to the seller's chosen payment method, or invoice the seller for the reimbursement amount.
3. Using Contact25
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload inappropriate content or items;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third-party rights or our systems or policies;
- sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in an Contact25 policy, the seller has materially changed the item's description after you bought, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot contact the seller (see our Unpaid item policy);
- fail to deliver items sold by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in an Contact25 policy, for example the buyer fails to comply with the terms posted in your listing, or you cannot contact the buyer;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with any other user's listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content;
- take any action that may undermine the Feedback or ratings systems (please see our rules about Feedback);
- transfer your Contact25 account (including Feedback) and user ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters/messages, or pyramid schemes;
- use the contact information of other users for any purpose other than in relation to a specific Contact25 transaction on the Contact25 site (which includes using this information to send marketing materials directly to Contact25 users unless the user has given explicit consent to receiving these materials);
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Contact25, or the interests or property of Contact25 users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- export or re-export any Contact25 application or tools except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with posted rules and restrictions;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, moral, database or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to Contact25. Some, but not all, actions that may be infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative
- works from content that belongs to Contact25 or someone else;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belongs to you;
- commercialise any Contact25 application or any information or software associated with such application;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, such as email addresses, without their consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
If you are registering with Contact25 as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to legally bind that entity. If you are trading as a business on Contact25, you must comply with all applicable laws relating to online trading for the site you are selling on (please see Listing Conditions for more information on the legal requirements for selling).
You agree that we will commence supplying our Services to you as soon as you accept this User Agreement. You can cancel this User Agreement under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. We may recoup the cost of any Services provided up to the point of cancellation.
If (1) we believe you are violating the policy on Offers to buy or sell outside of Contact25, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits on your buying and selling privileges, restrictions on listings and account features, suspension of your account, application of fees for the introduction of seller to buyer, and recovery of expenses for policy monitoring and enforcement; and (2) you are a seller and you offer or reference your contact information or ask for the buyer's contact information in the context of buying or selling outside of Contact25, you will be liable for all fees in consideration for the introduction to a buyer for that item on the Contact25 site.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services.
Additionally, we reserve the right to vary or terminate all or part of our Services and/or not provide all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason and/or period of time, at our discretion.
4. Abusing Contact25
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our Services, cancel purchases, remove or demote or otherwise restrict the visibility of listings, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with the account, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
- we think that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities for us, our users, suppliers or other third parties;
- we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Contact25 community or reduce our or another Contact25 user's exposure to financial liabilities;
- we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties;
- we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Agreement or our policies or abuse our employees or users;
- despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
- you fail to make, or it is evident that you are unable to make, full payment of any fees due for our Services by your payment due date.
- When a buyer or seller issue arises we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement, and to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.
Private seller / business seller fees for using our Services are listed below. We may change our fees, or introduce new fees from time to time by posting the changes on the Contact25 site or via the Messages section of My Contact25 30 days in advance. You may close your account without penalty within 30 days of such notice being given.
Private sellers / business sellers can list an unlimited number of products for free on Contact25.
When your item sells, you pay 15% of the final transaction value, including postage.
If your item doesn't sell you usually don't pay anything for that item. However, if you offer or reference your contact information to another user or ask a buyer for their contact information, in the context of buying or selling outside of Contact25, we charge a final value fee for introducing you to the buyer.
If you are a seller, you are liable for transaction fees arising out of all sales made using some or all Contact25 Services, even if sales terms are finalised or payment is made outside of Contact25. In addition, if you are a seller and you offer or reference your contact information or ask for a buyer's contact information, you may be liable to pay a final value fee in consideration for the introduction to a buyer for that item on the Contact25 site, even if the item does not actually sell.
You are required to have a payment method on file when selling on Contact25. If your payment method fails or your account is overdue, we may collect fees owed by charging other payment methods on file and retaining collection agencies or legal counsel.
Seller fees don't purchase exclusive rights to item exposure on Contact25 whether on a web page, mobile app, or otherwise. We may display third party advertisements (including links and references thereto) or other content in any part of our Services, at our sole discretion.
6. Listing Conditions
When listing an item, you agree to comply with the rules for listing and selling practices policy and that:
- you are responsible for the accuracy, content and legality of the item listed and agree to list in accordance with the prohibited and restricted items policy;
- your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for up to 24 hours. Contact25 does not guarantee exact listing durations;
- when you create fixed-price listings, these will renew automatically every 30 days, based on the listing terms at that time, until the quantities sell out or until you cancel the listing. From 1 July 2019, your fixed-price listings will renew automatically once per calendar month until the quantities sell out or until you cancel the listing. The exact day of the month that the renewal takes place depends on the initial listing start date;
- you are responsible for all taxes (including but not limited to penalties, fines, charges, or late payment interest) related to your sales on the Contact25 site. To the extent possible under English law, you shall pay to us as a debt on demand all costs incurred by us, including but not limited to tax, penalties and interest, levied by any competent tax authority due to your failure to provide a valid VAT registration number and/or your failure to pay any such taxes, penalties or interest;
- content that violates any of Contact25's policies may be modified, obfuscated or deleted at Contact25's discretion;
- in accordance with the listing with the Contact25 catalogue policy, we may revise product data associated with listings to supplement, remove, or correct information;
- where your listing appears in search and browse, results may be based on certain factors such as listing format, title, purchasing activity, end time, keywords, price and postage cost, Feedback, Contact25 policy compliance and detailed seller ratings. Learn more about finding an item you listed for sale;
7. Purchase Conditions
When buying an item, you agree to comply with the rules for buyers and that:
- you are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a purchase or commitment to buy;
- you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item;
8. International buying, selling
Both buyer and seller must reside in the same country.
When providing us with content (including causing content to be posted using our Services), you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual (or for the duration of any copyright or other rights in such content), irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to use the content (including, without limitation, creating and using derivative works), and you authorise us to exercise any and all copyright, trademark, publicity, database or other intellectual property rights you have in or to the content in any media known now or developed in the future. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your moral rights in the content and promise not to assert such rights or any other intellectual property rights you have in the content against us, our sublicensees or our assignees.
We may offer catalogue and/or product data (including images, descriptions and specifications) that are provided by third parties (including Contact25 users). You may use that content solely in your Contact25 listings during the time your listings are on Contact25's sites. That permission is subject to modification or revocation at any time at Contact25's sole discretion.
We try to offer reliable data, but cannot promise that the content provided through the Services will always be available, accurate, complete and up-to-date. You agree that Contact25 is not responsible for examining or warranting the listings or content provided by third parties through the Services, and that you will not hold or attempt to hold us or our product data providers liable for inaccuracies. If you choose to use catalogue content and/or product data in connection with your listings, you agree to ensure that the content directly associated with your listings is and remains accurate, and that you continue to fully comply with this User Agreement and all Contact25 policies. The catalogue and product data include copyrighted, trademarked and other proprietary materials. You agree not to remove any copyright, proprietary or identification markings in the catalogue or product data or create any derivative works based on that data (other than by including the data in your listings).
The name "Contact25" and other Contact25 marks, logos, designs and phrases that we use in connection with our Services are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Contact25 in the UK and other countries. They may not be used unless expressly authorised by Contact25 in writing.
10. Data protection and Privacy
You and Contact25 shall process personal data received under and/or in connection with this User Agreement each as a separate and independent controller. In no event will Contact25 and you process personal data under and/or in connection with this User Agreement as joint controllers or in a controller-to-processor relationship. As such separate and independent controllers, you shall be individually and separately responsible for complying with the obligations that apply to you as a controller under applicable data protection laws.
You shall comply with your obligations under applicable data protection laws (including but not limited to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (EU General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”) and supplementing EU and local data protection laws. This includes, but is not limited to, the obligation to provide appropriate safeguards for the transfer of personal data to a third country or an international organisation.
You shall process personal data received from Contact25 exclusively for the purpose(s) you received the personal data under and/or in connection with this User Agreement. You shall erase the personal data received under this User Agreement immediately after the respective purpose(s) has/have been fulfilled. Any further processing of the personal data is not permitted except when legally required (e.g. if a retention obligation applies).
Failure to abide by the aforementioned obligations may result in disciplinary action up to and including account suspension.
11. Restricting Funds
To protect against the risk of liability, Contact25 has at times restricted access to funds in a seller's account based on certain factors, including, but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, returns, riskiness of the listing category or transaction value.
For all new sellers, Contact25 may set a default rule that automates the return process for some or all listings. Sellers may customise their returns preferences in their account settings. Where returns have been set to automatically accept requests, an Contact25-generated return postage label will be provided to your buyer. You agree to comply with our returns policies and fees.
When an item is returned, to refund the buyer, you authorise Contact25 to reverse the refund amount (in the same currency) from your account, and place the amount on your seller invoice as a fee (which may be charged to your automatic payment method on file). Sellers will usually be responsible for return postage costs.
The cost of return shipping for an item that is not as described is the seller's responsibility.
ou authorise Contact25 to include return postage charges and auto-refunds on your seller invoice as a fee, which may be charged to your automatic payment method on file, when:
- an Contact25-generated return postage label is used, and the seller is responsible for its cost;
- returns and refunds have been automated; and/or
- you fail to send your buyer a return postage label and instead an Contact25-generated label is used.
- When a transaction is cancelled, and you choose to refund the buyer via Contact25, you authorise Contact25 to reverse the refund amount (in the same or other currency) from the seller's account, to the buyer.
Sellers can cancel Services before they have taken place / been dispatched. We may review/suspend seller accounts if too many cancellations are processed so these should be limited wherever possible.
14. Contact25 Money Back Guarantee
Most Contact25 sales go smoothly, but if there's a problem with a purchase, the Contact25 Money Back Guarantee helps buyers and sellers resolve issues. The Contact25 Money Back Guarantee policy is part of this User Agreement and is incorporated by reference. You agree to comply with the policy and permit us to make a final decision on any case where necessary.
We operate a no-quibble refund policy for all Serivces (both physical products and services). If the buyer is unhappy within 7 days of a service or 30 days of a product sale they are able to request a full refund. After that period, refunds are no longer available
Correcting mistakes in payments to buyers and sellers
We reserve the right to fix any processing errors we discover. We will correct any processing errors by debiting or crediting the payment method used for the Contact25 Money Back Guarantee refund or reimbursement.
We try to keep Contact25 and its Services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. Such provision may be subject to delays beyond Contact25's control.
We (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, agents and employees) shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any business losses, such as loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by us arising, directly or indirectly from:
- your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- pricing, postage or other guidance provided by Contact25;
- delays or disruptions in our Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, our Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any Contact25 Service;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our Services or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account or breach of the Abusing Contact25 section;
- the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results; or
- your need to modify practices, content, or behaviour or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. This is especially so if you are a consumer.
You accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under laws applying to you and the legality of any items you list on any of our sites.
Although we use techniques that aim to verify the accuracy and truth of the information provided by our users, user verification on the internet is difficult. Contact25 cannot and does not confirm, and is not responsible for ensuring, the accuracy or truthfulness of users' purported identities or the validity of the information which they provide to us or post on our sites.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) any amounts due under the Contact25 Money Back Guarantee up to the price the item sold for on Contact25 and its original postage costs, (b) the amount of fees in dispute not to exceed the total fees which you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (c) £100.
Nothing in this User Agreement shall limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees, or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
You will compensate us in full (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur arising out of any breach by you of this User Agreement, your improper use of Contact25's Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
17. Legal Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and Contact25, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by contacting Customer Support. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation. Any claim, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with this User Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. You and Contact25 both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
In simple terms, "non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts" means that if you were able to bring a claim arising from or in connection with this User Agreement against us in court, an acceptable court would be a court located in England, but you may also elect to bring a claim in the court of another country instead. English law will apply in all cases.
18. Intellectual Property
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, please notify our team and we will investigate.
If any provision of this User Agreement is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
You agree that we may at any time and without notice set-off any of the amounts held in Contact25 user accounts held or controlled by you with any fees, charges or other amounts you owe us and (unless prevented by insolvency law) any such amounts you owe other members of the Contact25 group (including, without limitation, in respect of any services provided by any member of the Contact25 group). Our right to set-off means that we may deduct such fees, charges or other amounts mentioned in this paragraph from an Contact25 credit balance held or controlled by you.
We may assign our rights and obligations under this User Agreement in accordance with the below (but without your prior express consent), provided that we assign the User Agreement on the same terms or terms that are no less advantageous to you.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this User Agreement.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
We may amend this User Agreement at any time by email, or via the Messages section of My Contact25 or by posting the amended terms on contact25.com. All amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted. Your continued use of our Services after the effective date of these amended terms constitutes your acceptance of them.
This User Agreement may not be otherwise amended except through mutual agreement by you and an Contact25 representative authorised to do so.
The policies posted on our sites may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the Contact25 site.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this User Agreement. A person who is not a party to this User Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this User Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
The User Agreement and all policies posted on our site are the entire agreement between you and Contact25 and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.
The following Sections survive any termination of this User Agreement: Fees (with respect to fees owed for our Services), Content, Liability, Compensation, Legal disputes and the release contained in this General section. Legal notices shall be served by registered mail to Contact25 (Trading name of Jukebox Marketing Limited), 56 Weetwood Lane, Leeds, LS16 5NH, United Kingdom. We shall send notices to you by email to the email address you provide to Contact25 during the registration process. Notice to you shall be deemed given 24 hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by registered mail to the address provided during the registration process. Notices sent to either party by registered mail shall be deemed to have been received by that party three days after the date of mailing.